lördag 9 oktober 2010

DAGE ups the ante for 0.5.0

"I Was a Las Vegas Showgirl" - by Ali

Truthfully, since I ditched my desktop and kept my netbook, 3D has been kind of on the backburner for me. As for DAGE (acronym for Dog Adventure Game Engine), I´ve always looked at it as promising, but it´s not really for netbooks. It was just too slow.

However, this is a site about adventure game developing, I should stop being selfish and look to the future as well. Furthermore, Pauli Suuraho has been working hard, and this looks to be a tremendous update, and a huge step forward in usability. It´s also more fun to report on a release that´s not just another bugfix release=P
What´s new and improved:
  • Physics engine
  • Unicode text (Hello Kanji and Cyrillic people)
  • Object parenting
  • Everything can now be animated
  • Multiple camera angles
If you´ve used the engine before, expect your game to be broken, because so much has been changed internally. Now, Pauli also talks about ways to speed up the engine, but whether that is in this release is unclear right now. In any case download and play around with the new release HERE.
Once this engine matures, I´m sure we´ll finally see some complete games to showcase it´s abilities. Right now there are two games in different stages of development. "I was a Las Vegas Showgirl" (shown in the image above) seems to be the one closest to completion. There´s also a game in spanish coming up - "Las Muertes de Ciudad Luz" (though it might be dead since the blog is down). Seems I have to practice some more spanish with my girlfriend, then=P

Bueno, that´s all for today, so
Hasta Pronto!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar